Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Age of Composition

I don't think I can add much insight to this post by Jeff Utretch. If you have time read both his post and the NCTE article that is linked there/here. I think they both hit the target with what we're talking about at Euclid with writing, netbooks and our plans for 6th grade LA in the fall. BULLSEYE

We can talk about it more if you like, but it seems to combine where I think our vision is taking us WITH what we value at Euclid.



I love the notion of "The Age of Composition" in the 21st Century. It feels like a renaissance is taking place in our lifetime. Jump on board and enjoy the ride! I think this is going to be fun...

[Okay, so I did add a little]...

2 comments:

  1. This intrigues me and brings up a lot of questions. I do believe we'll learn a lot through this process.

    The blog led to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5xFMmK5Ujs

    It is an interesting concept.

    This YouTube post: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcaE5NwfgUA&feature=related

    explains the first one. This shows how you can set the stage for writing.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those extra videos you found Gary are very cool. I know that if I was a student in this teacher's class I would have enjoyed that "trip" to Myst. What a powerful way to bring out description and intriguing sentences from his students!

    ReplyDelete