Monday, March 2, 2009

Online learning

In ESchool news today an article was released about online learning. Now online learning is available in most colleges and universities. There are a few high shcools offering online classes too. Did you know that Heritage High School offers an online physics course that students in remote parts of Colorado "attend"?

What if all instruction for secondary schools was done on-line? What if your classes were offered online? How would you adapt your teaching style to it?

(You may read the first page of this article without registering, but to read the remainder you'll need to register - it's free).

Another note: The article mentions Digital Equipment Corporation in the article. In my past life as an IT director and 'techie' I used their products extensively. I loved the old VAX/VMS Operating System architecture. It helped to make me a logical thinker!

1 comment:

  1. I would hate to see them all go online - but I think it is a great tool in giving kids options

    ReplyDelete